Sunday 10 June 2007

GREX Expo - where are all the peeeeple?

GREX was really great, speakers, stands, all the good stuff! I was on the ATA (alternative technology association) stand on Sunday and it was moderately busy, a lot of people asking about the RENEW magazine, and membership of the new Sydney group. Talks went on all day and I managed to get away to see the talk by Mark Diesendorf about his new book "GreenHouse Solutions with Sustainable Energy". Important stuff, so where were all the people?

For the past four years, I have run business development programs for Young Entrepreneurs, and I so often get asked about whats a great business idea. And I just point to three trends -
1. population - globally that's lots and lots more people to come,
2. technology - always look to new ideas
3. climate change - its the biggest trend and if you combine all three trends, then there's where the new emerging (and money making opportunities are) - and G-Rex was about trend 2 and 3. So where were all the people that ask me that question?

No comments: